Integrating Oracle ERP Cloud: What you need to know!
Oracle ERP Cloud integration provides quick access to a global view of all financial operations within a company. Moving to a cloud system is less expensive and offers better schedule management than an on-premise solution.
Successful integration of an Oracle ERP solution
SuccessfulOracle ERP Cloud innovation projects require adherence to certain points, such as project definition, team building, project creation, project flow and communication.
This involves determining the objectives, needs, risks and budget of the overall project. The purpose of this organization is to develop a clear schedule of overall tasks. Unlike an on-premise project, software installation and custom development activities are eliminated, saving time.
The constitution of the team
Thanks to the innovation ofOracle ERP Cloud, it is no longer necessary to have architectural knowledge to install or develop an application, which greatly reduces costs. The team building for the Oracle ERP Cloud integration includes project managers, a business analyst and a data scientist to set up processes, roles and user rights.
The creation of the project
The framework of theOracle ERP Cloud evolution project includes the development of the requirements, the application environment of the finance solution with a precise vision of the global architecture. The creation project includes all the business processes, reference data and specific user requests. The Oracle ERP Cloud innovation has a simple and targeted setup configuration.
The course of the project
The deployment of anOracle ERP Cloud integration project is subject to the same rules as an“On premise” project. The order of the activities and the geographical coverage are determined beforehand. In order to accelerate the production launch, the realization of a first application version determining the main functionalities is necessary.
The communication is part of the beginning of a project, in order to reach the users, by organizing specific demonstration workshops. TheOracle ERP CloudInnovation has an ergonomic and intuitive graphical interface.
Now that we have covered these major points that are necessary for a successful Oracle ERP Cloud innovation project, let’s focus on one specific application: Oracle Enterprise Data Management!
The Oracle Enterprise Data Management application
Theevolution of Oracle ERP Cloud integrates the use of specific applications, such as “Oracle Enterprise Data Management”. This solution facilitates and unifies data exchanges, regardless of the applications used. “Oracle Enterprise Data Management is a flexible data management solution that enables you to optimize the management of specific business views, control changes and share data. This accelerates the development of the cloud through a secure reference system.
Oracle Enterprise Data Management Features
The use of applications
The designers of the Oracle finance solution record every connected business application that generates user experiences called “default views”. At registration, other data handlers can be defined. Each view has optimized viewpoints to archive the recorded items in a list. The application owners develop customized visions and viewpoints by industry. They conceptualize views for change management.
The use of visions and vision points
Visions are enterprise data user portals that function to:
- search for vision points in the visions ;
- import data from participating applications into the vision points;
- solve problems to deploy a secure reference system;
- compare perspectives to understand differences ;
- create information sharing requests;
- align the associated visual properties and copy the values.
The requests allow to model the changes made to the vision points. After viewing all the changes in relation to a target viewpoint, it is necessary to analyze the impact before approving them.
Oracle Enterprise Data Management
Collaborative workflows support approval and submission processes that address the following governance challenges:
- configure approval policies (application, dimensions, hierarchy, nodes) ;
- Strategically coordinate invitations to approvers to achieve qualitative results;
- Implement requests in different business contexts to secure approval of changes;
- define the elements of an application for a common validation;
- manage and control all changes.
Incorporation of applications
The best way to accelerate the integration of various EPM Cloud applications, such as Financial Consolidation and Close, Planning or Oracle Finance Cloud General Ledger, is to opt for predefined registration, based on the actual needs of the various business areas. Assisted configuration allows you to establish connections, create import/export operations and develop specific, ready-to-use visions.
Automation of tasks
Interactive task automation allows you to perform migrations between service instances, download files, and reset an environment for renewal.
Audit of transaction archiving
Editing a data archive audit allows you to view changes to properties, nodes, and maintained relationships as transactions evolve. The transaction history can be displayed, filtered and downloaded to a specific file.
DOWNLOAD OUR LATEST WHITE PAPER FOR FREE
WHICH TOOLS TO USE TO MANAGE YOUR FINANCIAL STRATEGY?
Also read in our “tools to manage your finance strategy” file:
- How can Axway’s solution help finance departments optimise their accounting schemes?
- Axway accounting integration suite: the latest features of AI Suite 2.4 Plus
- ERP Accounting: How can you optimize accounting interpretation with Axway’s solution?
- Cloud Migration: Discover Axway’s Digital Finance Module
- Axway’s AI Suite: on premise vs. cloud?
- Axway sentinel: what are its applications for finance?
- ERP solution: what is the difference between Oracle ERP cloud and Peoplesoft?
- Finance: Everything you need to know about Oracle ERP Cloud
- Oracle ERP cloud: what are the latest developments?
- Integrating Oracle ERP Cloud: What you need to know!
- The latest PeopleSoft features