The different HR management tools to carry out your HR strategy
In order to carry out a successful HR strategy, it is important to have the right tools. By tools, we are obviously talking about software specialized in data management, such as HRIS, which are on the rise, but also about methods and processes that allow for greater flexibility. Here, we will look at the different HR management tools that can be used to carry out an HR strategy.
Classic project management or agile method
HR has adapted its working methods to gain flexibility. In order to break out of the box of rigorous methods, HR is taking a lot of inspiration from what is happening in the IT world. Agile methods are processes that put all the actors at the heart of a problem and in which the needs take precedence over the defined plan.
The strength of these methods is obviously their ability to adapt to change. Adapting to change is a major challenge for firms, especially in the age of the Internet. In addition, this type of method increases “employee engagement” by making teams accountable.
Key performance indicators in the context of HR function management
In order to measure the relevance and impact of an HR strategy, it is important to master and exploit the notion of KPIs. KPIs are key performance indicators. Their purpose is to measure, for example, the effectiveness of a recruitment campaign or the impact of a communication campaign. For the HR function, it is important to choose its indicators before starting a campaign. To give you an idea, the most commonly used indicators in HR, on recruitment for example, are: the need for recruitment over a year, the number of interviews conducted, the time required for recruitment, from its implementation to the signing of the contract, and the turnover rate. The use of tools, such as HRIS, is a plus that should not be overlooked.
HR process management through an HRIS
In order to manage the strategy put in place upstream and to exploit the notion of KPIs, the implementation of a human resources management information system is essential. Like integrated management software packages (ERP), the HRIS consists of an assembly of software bricks in order to adapt perfectly to the needs of the company.
They allow, for example, the piloting of HR dashboards, the management of social data, the management of competences and the payroll, the edition of social reports and more generally the piloting of the HR function in the short and long term. Finally, the manipulation of HR indicators through this tool facilitates decision making.
DOWNLOAD THE WHITE PAPER
"WHICH TOOLS TO PILOT YOUR HR STRATEGY?"
Also read in our "HR strategy management tools" file:
- Digitization of HR services: the key to overcoming the crisis
- How to conduct a managerial innovation process?
- CSR as a leverage for performance and innovation
- 7 HR trends for 2023
- From "customer centric" to "employee centric
- Employee experience: why are HR and employees not aligned?
- What are the major issues facing HRDs today?
- Organization, talent management, recruitment: priority HR projects?
- Human resources management: what HR strategies for the future?
- Best practices to manage your HR strategy in an optimal way
- The different HR management tools to carry out your HR strategy
- HRIS software: the different areas of intervention for the HR function
- How to convince your management to invest in an HRIS tool?
- Is it necessary to be accompanied in the management of an HR strategy?
- What indicators should be defined to measure the performance of an HR strategy?
- HR strategy: how to achieve effective HR reporting?
- Who should drive HR projects in the company?
- Setting up a working group for an HR project: who should be involved?